close print view
Top News-Most Recent
|New programs, exhibits illustrate attack on Fort Michilimackinac 250 years ago Most Michigan school children have heard the story of when the Ojibwa tribe attacked Fort Michilimackinac. Now, 250 years later, the Department of Natural Resources is commemorating the attack with new a building and new programming at Fort Michilimackinac. A new rowhouse, which has been under construction since October 2011, has recently been completed and is now open to the public.|
|Gourmet Gone Wild brings conservation to the table At first glance, it looks like any social mixer. The crowd, mostly in its 20s and 30s, is largely professionally dressed, chatting, and enjoying food and beverages. But it's at the serving table that the first clue that this is an unusual event presents itself.|
|Improving habitat on the Au Sable River's North Branch A work crew is busily placing logs and trees, as well as rehabilitating old structures, to improve habitat - and fishing - in the North Branch of the Au Sable River as part of a $60,000 project underway this summer.|
• >>Showcasing Archive
Media Contact Info
• Ed Golder-DNR
• Debbie Munson Badini-DNR
• Brad Wurfel-DEQ
• Maia Stephens on new fun and fitness opportunities and partnerships at Michigan state parks, WGVU 4/9/2013
• Director Keith Creagh on Gov. Snyder's proposed restructuring of hunting/fishing licenses, WGVU 3/12/2013
• Barb Avers on the Michigan Waterfowl Legacy and the Wetland Wonders Challenge, WGVU 10/9/2012
• Brent Rudolph on hunting outlook, deer health, conservation funding, economic impact and more, WGVU 9/12/2012
• New Director Keith Creagh on DNR initiatives and outdoor recreation opportunties, WGVU 8/14/2012
• Maia Stephens on the Park & Read program with the DNR and the libraries of Michigan, WGVU 8/1/2012
• Steve DeBrabander on the benefits, impact of the Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund, WGVU 7/10/2012
• Ada Takacs on the Duck Lake Fire and the frontline and behind-the-scenes fire teams, WGVU 6/12/2012
• Jay Wesley on the DNR's strategy to maintain Michigan's Chinook salmon, WGVU 5/8/2012
• Lori Burford on the DNR's work to resolve many of the land encroachment issues, WGVU 4/10/2012
• Dennis Fox on the DNR's Mentored Youth Hunting Program, WGVU 2/14/2012
• Maia Stephens on Recreation 101, Rec Passport and more, WGVU 1/10/2012
• Rodney Stokes on the DNR's priorities for 2012, WGVU 12/13/2011
• Patty Birkholz on the Asian carp situation, WGVU 11/8/2011
• Dan Hopkins on conservation officers' fall work, WGVU 9/13/2011
• Shana Ramsey, on Fish Hatchery and Salmon in the Classroom Work 2/8/2011
• DNR Segments from Ask the DNR These episodes from Ask the DNR cover a variety of DNR topics of interest.
• DNR Segments from Q1 Buck Pole These short video segments from the Q1 Buck Pole televsion show cover a variety of DNR initiatives and other natural resources topics of interest.
• Explore Bowhunting A video about youth involvement in Michigan bowhunting.
• How Much Do You Know About Michigan's Civil War Battle Flags? Learn about Michigan's 3rd Infantry Regiment flag. Michigan Historical Center Director Sandra Clark and education staff member Eric Perkins explain the
history behind this particular flag from Grand Rapids, and explain why being the flag bearer came with some very big risks.
• Shields of Gold: DNR Conservation Officers This video montage, set to music, illustrates
the work DNR conservation officers perform in
the course of protecting Michigan's natural
resources and environment.