2012-2013 Fur Harvester Trapping and Hunting Season Dates
1. Raccoon and coyote may be taken on private property by a property owner or designee all year if they are doing or about to do damage on private property. A license or written
permit is not needed.
2. Season bag limit for bobcat is two per person; only one bobcat may be taken in Units C or D combined; and only one bobcat may be taken from Unit B. The trapping season
in bobcat Units C and D is on private lands only, using foothold traps only.
3. The season bag limit for badger is one per person. Badgers do not require registration.
4. See Nighttime Raccoon and Predator Hunting for specific regulations governing the hunting of these species at night.
5. Residents possessing a valid small game license may hunt coyote during the established season.
6. Combined bag limit of one fisher OR one marten.
7. No closed season on opossum, weasel or skunk.
8. In Zone 1, badger may be trapped only in Baraga, Dickinson, Gogebic, Houghton, Iron, Keweenaw, Marquette, Menominee and Ontonagon counties, and Alger and Delta
counties west of Federal Forest Highway 13.
9. See Winter Fox and Coyote Non-lethal Cable Restraints for regulations governing the trapping of fox and coyote.
10. This species requires a free kill tag. See Furbearer Kill Tags for details.
11. Fisher and marten are open in Zone 1 excluding Drummond Island.